Raymond Richman - Jesse Richman - Howard Richman
Richmans' Trade and Taxes Blog
Obama contributing taxpayer money to global warming god
Howard Richman, 10/1/2011
At a California fundraiser, President Obama explained why his contributions of billions of taxpayer dollars to bankrupt and near-bankrupt solar power producers are worthwhile. According to Obama, if appeased, the global warming god will cause the rains to come in their season, and thus prevent droughts and fires like the ones currently occurring in Texas. Specifically, he said:
Some of you here may be folks who actually used to be Republicans but are puzzled by what’s happened to that party, are puzzled by what’s happening to that party. I mean, has anybody been watching the debates lately? You’ve got a governor whose state is on fire denying climate change...
But the high priests of global warming haven't proven to be a very successful in their prophesies:
- Past. High priest Michael Mann's magic hockey stick erased the medieval warming period from human history. Yet the Viking settlement in Greenland did once bury its dead below what is now the permanent frost line.
- Present. Where is the missing hot spot high above the equator that all of the global warming models say should be there?
- Future. When Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans, the news media claimed that increasingly powerful hurricanes would occur from then on. When will they begin?
In contrast, there is a scientific theory which explains the past and present, and gives great hope for the future:
- Past. Shaviv and Veizer demonstrated that changing concentration of cosmic rays in the earth's atmosphere during the past 500 million years correlated closely with the alternation between ice ages and greenhouse ages. Ice ages occur whenever the solar system goes through one of the spiral arms of the Milky Way galaxy, a region of high cosmic ray concentration.
- Present. Svensmark in Denmark, developed cosmoclimatology, a coherent theory that cosmic rays cause low-lying clouds to form which reflect sunlight back into space, cooling the earth, and that solar activity can protect the world from cosmic rays, thus warming the earth. His theory has successfully predicted earth temperatures, no matter what time scale is used. For example, Corbyn has been successfully predicting British weather based upon repetitions of solar activity patterns.
- Future. As far as droughts are concerned, Kirkby just discovered how cosmic rays create clouds, thus bringing closer the day when mankind can create the clouds that will insure that the rains will come in their seasons.
I am religiously tolerant. I wouldn't mind at all if President Obama contributed his own money to his global warming religion. I just don't want him to contribute my taxpayer money. I believe in separation between church and state.